1. These terms and conditions (“Shield Terms”) apply to shipments that the customer tenders to Aramex for carriage and for which the customer has (i) subscribed for Shield Protection by accepting the Shield Terms online or by signing the Shield Application Form; (ii) declared a value for the non-documents goods; and (iii) paid the agreed fees for Shield Protection as stated online at aramex.com or on the front face of the Shield Application Form (such shipment is hereinafter referred to as a “Shield Shipment”).
2. These Shield Terms are supplemental to (i) any terms and conditions which may have been agreed between Aramex and the customer (“T&C”), and (ii) the Conditions of Carriage stated on the standard waybill issued by Aramex in relation to the Shield Shipment (a copy of the Conditions of Carriage applicable to Import Express or Export Express shipments is available at https://www.aramex.com/shipping-terms/express and the Conditions of Carriage applicable to Domestic Express shipments is available at
https://www.aramex.com/shipping-terms/domestic (each a “WAYBILL”). Furthermore, copies of the WAYBILL are available on request by the customer.
3. Aramex and the customer agree that all provisions in any applicable T&C and the WAYBILL (both as varied by the Shield Terms) are deemed to be incorporated in these Shield Terms with the intention that the terms of any applicable T&C and the WAYBILL (both as varied by these Shield Terms) will remain binding upon Aramex and the customer.
4. Terms defined in any applicable T&C and the WAYBILL will have the same meaning in the Shield Terms, unless otherwise expressly stated in these Shield Terms.
5. The enhanced liability provisions contained in clause 7 of these Shield Terms will only apply to Shield Shipments which comply with the following restrictions:
5.1. Shield Shipments must not contain any of the following items (including but not limited to): animals; art works; dangerous goods; biological samples; drugs (excluding prescription drugs for medical or scientific purposes); exhibition good stands; fish catch; fishmeal; fruits and vegetables; jewellery; lottery tickets, gambling devices tickets, related advertisement for illegal lotteries; negotiable currency; offensive items; paintings; passports; plants (including raw tobacco); precious metals; prototype goods; pornography; radioactive material; remains (humans and animals); toxic and infectious substances; trophies; weaponry; alcohol and related products; or other goods prohibited by applicable laws, statutes or regulations governing country of origin and/or country of final destination, unless otherwise expressly agreed to by Aramex in writing. For a complete and detailed list of prohibited items, please visit aramex.com/Shield/exceptions .
5.2. This list may be amended from time to time by Aramex without notice to the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to review these Shield Terms prior to shipping a Shield Shipment to ensure compliance under clause 5.1.
6. Shield Protection is not available for imports, exports, or domestic transits in the following countries:
6.1. Afghanistan, Cameron, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Israel, Kurdistan, and South Sudan. Additional countries may be excluded under this clause 5.1 in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the respective country from which the Shield Shipment is sent.
6.2. Other Countries: countries identified on the JCC cargo watch list having a risk scale rating of 5 or above (For an updated list of these countries, please refer to http://watch.exclusive-analysis.com/jccwatchlist.html countries where Aramex services have been suspended due to sanctions, embargo or prohibitions as per applicable sanction laws or other applicable laws.
6.3. The list of countries under clause 6 may be amended from time-to-time, by Aramex, without notice to the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to review these Shield Terms prior to shipping a Shield Shipment to ensure compliance under clause 6. For an up-to-date list of these countries please refer to aramex.com/Shield/countries.
6.4. Shield Shipments which do not comply with the restrictions contained in these Shield Terms including clauses 5 and 6 may be rejected by Aramex, or at Aramex’ sole discretion, may be carried by Aramex subject to any applicable T&C and WAYBILL without the benefit of the enhanced liability provisions contained in clause 7 of these Shield Terms.
6.5. The provision of clause 5 and clause 6 are in addition to the provisions of Section 7 of the WAYBILL and any similar provisions contained in any applicable T&C.
7. Subject to clause 8 of these Shield Terms where the value declared by the customer for a non-document Shipment exceeds the applicable limit on Aramex's liability stated in Section 4(a) of the WAYBILL, the amount of the declared value shall be substituted for that limit and Aramex's liability, if any, shall not exceed the declared value of such non-document Shipment. Any partial loss or damage shall be adjusted pro- rata on the basis of the declared value of the Shield Shipment.
8. The enhanced liability provisions contained in clause 7 of these Shield Terms shall not apply to any non-document goods whose value exceeds USD 10,000 (Ten Thousand United States Dollars), or document shipments whose value exceeds USD 300 (Three Hundred United States Dollars).
9. In accordance with the provisions of Section 4(d) of the WAYBILL, the maximum value which may be declared by the customer in respect to any non-document Shipment shall not exceed USD10,000 (Ten Thousand United States Dollars) and for document shipment shall not exceed USD 300 (Three Hundred United States Dollars). In accordance with this clause 9, the customer hereby confirms and acknowledges that, in respect to the non-document Shipment, the declared value is a true reflection of the value of the goods. All statements and information provided to Aramex are complete and true.
10. Basis of valuation: The value of any Shield Shipment shall be calculated by reference to Section 4(c) of the WAYBILL.10. Basis of valuation: The value of any Shield Shipment shall be calculated by reference to Section 4(c) of the WAYBILL.
11. Section 4(b) of the WAYBILL shall not apply to any Shield Shipment. The amount of the value declared by the customer in relation to the non-document Shipment shall be substituted for the limit of USD100/shipment stated in Section 4 of the WAYBILL for Import Express or Export Express shipments and the limit of USD25/shipment stated in Section 4 of the WAYBILL for Domestic Express shipments.
12. The enhanced liability provisions contained in clause 7 of these Shield Terms will not apply where loss or damage to the Shield Shipment arises out of or results from:
12.1. willful misconduct of the customer, the shipper, the carrier, or the consignee;
12.2. ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the content of the Shield Shipment;
12.3. insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the Shield Shipment;
12.4. inherent vice or nature of the Shield Shipment; or
12.5. the use of any weapon of war employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter
13. Where any exclusion contained in clause 12 of these Shield Terms applies to a Shield Shipment, the enhanced liability provisions contained in clause 7 of these Shield Terms will not apply and the liability of Aramex for any loss or damage to the Shield Shipment will be determined and limited in accordance with any applicable T&C and/or the WAYBILL.
14. Any claim for loss of or damage to the Shield Shipment must be submitted, through the online application, to the nearest Aramex office, within seven (7) days of delivery, or expected date of delivery, of the Shield Shipment to the consignee, failing which Aramex shall have no liability whatsoever. (Section 12 of the WAYBILL will not be applicable to Shield Shipments.) It is the sole responsibility of the receiver to immediately open any Shield Shipment that shows signs of damage upon arrival at the delivery address and to take immediate actions to mitigate any further damage.
15. At the time of filing the claim, the customer must provide a description and estimate of the damage or loss. With regards to non-documents goods only, the customer agrees the claim value will be the lesser of (i) value stated in the commercial invoice; or (ii) market value of the non-document goods.
16. The customer must provide the following documentation to Aramex at the time of filing the claim:
16.1. WAYBILL for the Shield Shipment;
16.2. Commercial invoice for goods included in the Shield Shipment (applicable to non-document goods only);
16.3. Photographs of damage, if applicable; and
16.4. Packing list, if applicable.
Aramex reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or information from the customer, as required.
17. For claims related to a damaged Shield Shipment, the customer must make the Shield Shipment available to Aramex for inspection by Aramex appointed investigators.
18. Upon confirmed receipt of all required documentation from the customer, including any additional documentation as may be required by Aramex, Aramex will proceed to review and settle the claim within 30 days, subject to any additional information and/or documentation Aramex may require to review the claim.
19. Upon settling the claim, customer shall release Aramex from any and all liabilities related to the settled claim. Customer agrees to complete any documentation Aramex may requires for such release.
20. In the event a lost Shield Shipment is recovered after the settlement of a claim under clauses 14 to 19, the customer agrees to refund, in full, the claim amount paid by Aramex to the customer. In the event the customer does not refund the claim amount, in full, within ten (10) days of date of notice, the customer forfeits rights in the Shield Shipment in favour of Aramex.
21. Section 14(b) and 14(c) of the WAYBILL shall not apply to any Shield Shipment.
22. Aramex reserves the right to amend these Shield Terms at any time and without notice to customers. Any amendment to these Shield Terms will be effective ten (10) days from the date posted on Aramex website at www.aramex.com/Shield .