Prepare a shipment
With your aramex.com profile, you can easily prepare your shipments online. Now, to prepare a domestic or international shipment, you only have to complete a couple of simple steps:
- Log in, and on the Dashboard page, click New shipment.
- On the page that opens, expand the Shipper details menu, and fill in the address of the shipper.
By default, the address specified in your shipping preferences is displayed, and you can apply it as the shipper's address.
You can choose another address from your Address book, or create a new contact with a new address.
- Expand the Receiver details menu, and repeat the above steps for the receiver's address.
- Click Next.
- In the Shipment details menu, select the shipment type – document or parcel. If you ship a parcel, add the description of its content.
- Add the number of pieces in your shipment, so that the system calculates the gross weight.
To better calculate the weight, you can specify the exact dimensions of each shipment piece.
To do that, select the I know the dimensions of my shipment option, and type in the number of pieces with the same dimensions, add their length, width, and height. Then, specify the weight of each piece, and the chargeable weight will be calculated automatically.
Depending on the weight measurement unit you select, the dimensions units will change correspondingly: centimeters for kilograms and inches for pounds.
If there are pieces with different dimensions in your shipment, click Add another size, and repeat the above steps.
- Specify the country of origin, as well as type in the declared goods' value, and then select the currency.
- Add a shipment reference if needed. Later, you can track your shipment by this reference.
- Click Next.
- In the Payment method section, view the available payment options.
The payment options can change depending on the selected origin and destination countries and on the selected account.
If you have a regular profile You can pay either in cash, or by credit card.
If you have a linked accountYou can choose between the following options: cash by shipper, credit card by shipper, personal account, or other—third party or importer—account.
- Select the most suitable payment option and click Submit.
The summary page opens, and you can view all the details of your shipment and make changes to it.
If in the previous step, you selected the Credit card option, provide your credit card information:
- card name – MasterCard, Visa, and so on
- card number – up to 16 numbers
- expiry date – month and year
- CSC – up to four numbers of card security code
- In the Service type menu, view the available payment options.
If your shipping is within the same country, its type would be Domestic. If it is between two different countries, then its type is Express.
- Click Next.
To save time when creating a shipment, you can reuse your previous shipments.
For this, on the Prepare a shipment page, click Replicate previous shipment, and next to the needed shipment, click . A copy of the shipment is created, and you can edit it as necessary.